Lochac alternative Crown selection discussion

Principality proving ground

Started by Clement von Arlon, Apr 28, 2024, 08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clement von Arlon (Clement Von Arlon)

Hi all,
I've been mulling over an idea for a little bit and think it might have some use in the investigation of alternative methods. I've not seen it listed anywhere, so I thought I'd throw it out there and I welcome any suggestions.

The idea, in short, is that we could create two principalities (or use a different name) that together encompass all of Lochac and simultaneously run a variety of different P&P selections in them for a set time, say two or three years. It will need some clear allocating of duties, such as award giving and so on, but that should be manageable.

We could then test different methods of selection without having to blindly jump in to one form or another and by running two at the same time, we prevent one bad pair of p&p from skewing the results too badly. Then at the end of the trial period, we can review how each system has faired and incorporate any potential changes we decide on.

I'm hoping that this can work as something of a test case and can highlight any unseen flaws or show any potential strengths of any alternative system we chose to investigate. It will at least give us a chance to test ideas before we implement them long term.

Clem

Kinggiyadai Orlok (Kinggiyadai Orlok)

There is probably more work involved in setting up a Principality than there is in changing the Crown selection method.

But we certainly could run trials; for example we could find a false King at a Feast of Fools using one or more methods.