Lochac alternative Crown selection discussion

My original proposal/write up

Started by Margarita Rossetti, Mar 26, 2024, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Margarita Rossetti (Margarita Rossetti)

So I was one of the people who submitted this as a potential alternative (I don't know if there were others) and here was my original not 100% thought out write up:

Each war group would have a claimant (or two, if consorts chose to fight together. Consorts would not be allowed to fight in another war group) to the Crown. The other members are providing support to the claimant but will have no right to the Throne. This would allow populace members who enjoy fighting but have no interest in being Crown to participate without the concern of being Crown. This would also allow a range of weapon choices + fighting arts as there could be multiple wars fought - rapier and armoured, with combat archery having the opportunity to take place in both in order to determine a victor, much like some events in history.

Cons - Limitation of how many members in a war group, groups needing to find X amount of members to participate.

Pros - Having loved the storytelling and drama of recent Crowns, imagine being crowned the War Royalty. Firstly the event as a whole would be an awesome collaborative storytelling event (separate camping groups by who they are supporting, populace members wearing their chosen Crown-contenders livery, insist that war groups have a cohesive uniform). Upon taking the Crown there would be the opportunity to support those who favoured you (ah yes, sit close to the Royal table and be served sooner at the Coronation feast/event feast), pardon those who give enticement to do so (public grovelling, providing a squire to the Crown as a hostage, bribes), and execute those who do not (I feel like it's been a long while since we've had a beheading. For those who would want to get rid of a persona, this is the way.) Thus the whole reign is provided a story to which encourage further participation in the arts and society by populace members (the creation of livery, war encampment items, then items of recompense, or awards to recognise those outside of the Crown who did well in the war scenario).

This idea definitely needs some more fleshing out, but if it did proceed as an idea I think it could be a great BIG Crown event, perhaps only being held every so many years to give the populace time to gather supporters, train together, create war livery & items.

Felicia ad Aquam (Felicia ad Aquam)