Lochac alternative Crown selection discussion

Dangerous

Started by Erlendr, Mar 18, 2024, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erlendr (Erlendr T)

I advise caution when it comes to anything political. We do not want the SCA to become a popularity contest.

Opting for this would not be a solution. This will lead to infighting, drama, and political bad mouthing. It would not foster a healthy culture and it will only result in issues.
In short, this option will destroy the SCA and I feel very strongly against it.

Kinggiyadai Orlok (Kinggiyadai Orlok)

I agree.
And I can imagine the campaigning that would dominate every event would make events intolerable.

luan (Anluan mac Faelain)

Quote from: Erlendr on Mar 18, 2024, 06:02 PMI advise caution when it comes to anything political. We do not want the SCA to become a popularity contest.

Opting for this would not be a solution. This will lead to infighting, drama, and political bad mouthing. It would not foster a healthy culture and it will only result in issues.
In short, this option will destroy the SCA and I feel very strongly against it.

I'm pretty sure this falls under the category of the bits of the Middle Ages etc we really don't want to re-create - not unless we want a sudden upsurge in condoterri and Anton as the new Machiavelli.  I mean my persona as a retired mercenary captain is happy to go back to his old ways, but I can't see it ending well for the Kingdom.

Eva Von Danzig (Eva Von Danzig)

Llewelyn ap Dafydd (Llewelyn ap Dafydd)

Yeah; apart from anything else, from an inclusiveness point of view we don't want to excessively privilege 'being in a large group' and 'can travel a lot to get name recognition'

Mildryth (Mildryth Thomaswyf)

Agreed, I am really against this idea. We already have enough drama surrounding B&B appointments, let's not add more.

Catalina (Catalina OroSol)

Collette de Harcourt (Collette de Harcourt)

Not my preference

KaraKirriemuir (Kara)

I agree that this is not a solution and never will be. For myself, regardless of my personal feelings and opinions, I always attempt to choose objectively who I feel will do the best job as B&B for the local group. However, like any voting situation, it is, has always been and will continue to be, essentially a popularity contest.
This format would indeed cause people to remove their membership and fracture groups as cliques will futher form and infighting increases to astronomical levels.

Safflington (Safiya bint Abd al-Shahid)

Agreed. This is definitely not my preference.

Gwen verch David (Gwen verch David)

Not my preference.